Monday, June 15, 2009

Bags, beds, and Bible School

June 15, 2009 Monday

I must say…today was pretty awesome! It started out with a breakfast buffet (old fashioned eggs, bacon, and potatoes…mmmmmm), then we went to the church to stuff some gift bags to give to people as we go door-to-door to tell people about the Vacation Bible School we are putting on. Evangelism is also a top goal for these neighborhood visits.

Later this morning, we went to the Mission Outreach Center (ministry under First Baptist Brownsville) to help build some new bunk-beds. It was great because I got to use a drill and put things together…I’m a simple man, so I really enjoyed it. After lunch, we came to the hotel where many went to the pool, but I needed sleep badly, so I took a 2 hour nap.

As Vacation Bible School started tonight, I decided to take part in the adult portion of the time, where parents can come and find out what their children are being taught and to equip the parents with things to discuss with their kids. We had two fathers show up, so we shared our experiences, struggles, and hopes as we discussed life in Christ. All in all, I had a blast seeing what God had done and is doing!

Oh yeah, one of the dads in the class has an adopted, early teen daughter who is quite a handful, but she heard on Sunday my roommates testimony, and surrenders her life to Christ!! Praise God!!

1 comment:

jschrodt said...

Sounds like your having a good time. See ya soon.