Sunday, June 14, 2009

1st Day of VBS!

June 14, 2009

Today started off pretty good. We had breakfast at the hotel and then made our way to First Baptist Church of Brownsville. We have many talented students at Criswell College, so the church let the worship leaders of our group lead worship and then one our graduates who is preaching at a church in East, Texas got up and preached from Colossians 1. The church was very welcoming and warm.

After eating lunch, we came back to the hotel for a few hours where my roomy, Lonnie, and I ran a few miles and worked out in the 95 degree weather. We were tired.

Later in the afternoon, we found ourselves back at the church getting geared up for Vacation Bible Church. I joined the group that was going to teach the parents of the VBS kids. There were only 2 men, so we thought it best for me to go help with the youth. All in all, I was able to do a little here and there, but I felt that I could have been involved somewhere where there was fewer people serving.

It was a great day, but I am tired!! I’m about to lay it down and get rested up for tomorrow.

No comments: