Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Brownsville...I wonder if they have a dog pound?!

Hello everyone! 

I'm back preparing for another short-term trip following Christ as He leads me to a more 'local' cross cultural experience. This time it will be in Brownsville, Texas and possibly (God-willing) Matamoros, Mexico. This area has been in the new frequently lately as there are many issue with guns, drugs, and widespread violence and pestilence (i.e.- The swine flu...gasp!!). 

Forgive me for not taking these things very seriously. I just can't help and look at God's word time and time again where people should have died, and yet God kept them, even in the midst of destruction and chaos. I can honestly say (in the quiet comfort of my home right now) that I am not afraid of going to a place like this...a place where I will probably be targeted for bad things just because I am white. But you know what? God is greater. Period. 

Peter walked on the water when he focused on Christ and nothing else. He didn't start sinking until he looked at the 'circumstances' instead of Jesus. This, so far, by God's grace has been my mindset. 

I have about 2 and 1/2 weeks before I leave...also the same amount of time left before the total amount of support is due (I'm currently at $100 of the $700 total due by Friday, the 12th). 

PLEASE PRAY! I can ask nothing more than this. This alone is the most important, effective, and powerful tool at our disposal. I covet your prayers. I need them and I crave them...so please, if you think of me, please pray.

Finances are a 2nd priority and thus, cannot be ignored. So I ask, please consider investing in the Kingdom of God and join with God in sending me to this spiritually dark area just a few hours south of us. 

Much love to you if you read this far...

No comments: