Ok, so they have found my luggage! Praise the Lord...now it's going to be another week before anyone drives up to the village I'm at to bring it...ha! God is still so good!
Some of you guys might be able to finish the song in the title of this blog. If not, then I'll tell you. I have had some chronic diarrhea for about a week or so and it hasn't let up. I apologize if that's a bit too much info, but everyone who knows me knows I keeps it real....very real. All that to say, please be praying that the ol' stomach will get rid of this bug.
I am in a mountain village right now and will be until a few days before I depart. I love it here...it's peaceful, quiet, and you can see about a billion stars at night. The people are so incredibly hospitable and kind. I went to a wedding the other day (These take all day) and I left with a gift...nothing like an American wedding. I wasn't in the wedding, but the village has apparently never had foreigners at a wedding.
The internet just came up due to the diligent work of one of the M-workers here. He's a great man and we have long talks about his former work and the Lord.
The team here is pretty awesome! They are fun and generous! I am starting to pick up on the language a little. I can count from 1 to 10 and back and say, "hello," and, "how are you?" It's a difficult language!
I'm working a lot...I'm helping prepare the building that the team will use as office space by painting and cleaning the building. Today is the 4th of July, so we are taking off and going to barbeque and light some fireworks. It'll be grand!
Hopefully, I'll be able to update again soon since we have internet!
3 comments:
Cipro. Saved my life in Rwanda.
Hope your luggage arrive soon! Sorry to hear about the diahrea. I figured you always had that.
so sorry to hear about the sick tummy! hope you get to feeling better soon.
sounds like you are getting to experience some incredible things. can't wait to hear more about them!
and so jealous about the stars. hope you're taking lots of good pictures for us to see! : )
Post a Comment